Project „Discover Rroma Treasures“
The project “Discover Rroma Treasures” is co-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund under the Interreg V-A Romania – Bulgaria Programme.
Amount of the EU contribution: 358,051.22 euro ERDF
Lead beneficiary: Cross Border Association E(quilibrum) Environment (C.B.A.E.E), Craiova, Romania
Partners: Association “Regional partnerships for sustainable development – Vidin” and “Regional Development Agency and Business Centre 2000”
Project duration: 01.09.2018 г. – 29.02.2020
Project objective: The overall objective of the project is to improve the sustainable use of cultural heritage through valorisation of the traditional Rroma culture in touristic products.
Total budget of the project: 421 236.74 euro.
- Development of a survey of the branches of traditional Roma culture.
- General strategy “Valorisation of Roma culture from the CBC area in a tourist product”.
- Creating office corners for the promotion of Roma culture.
- Carry out cross-border caravans “Find the Roma Treasures”.
- Conducting seminars “Learn about Roma culture”.
- Conducting festivals of Roma culture.
- Participation in two international tourism fairs.
- Awareness and publicity campaign.
- Developed of 4 surveys of the branches of traditional Roma culture for Dolj and Mehedinti counties from Romania and Vidin and Montana districts from Bulgaria.
- Developed a common strategy “Valorisation of the Roma culture from the cross-border area in tourist products”, identified common routes in the area of the project for the Roma culture and proposed methods of valorisation of the Roma traditional “treasures”.
- Created office corners for the promotion of Roma culture.
- Organized and conducted Cross-border caravans “Discover Rroma treasures”. Caravans cover the significant points of traditional Roma culture from the common routes in order to promote the most representative tradition of Roma culture. One of the caravans will be for journalists, bloggers, tour operators and representatives of NGOs of tourism sector, and the second will be open to all, who interested from the Roma culture.
- Organized and conducted seminars “Learn about Roma culture” for children in each district of the project area. During these events, children will learn to dance, sing or make some products with the Roma’s artists and will be able to understand and appreciate the Roma culture.
- Organized and conducted Festivals for Roma culture “Enjoy the Roma Culture” in each districts of the project area, with the participation of the most famous Roma singers, dancers and craftsmen from the cross-border region.
- Promotion of the created tourist products at 2 international tourism fairs.